Do a preliminary
Topic To Do List
- 1 - Brainstorm potential topics.
- 2 - Pre-search. What can you find?
- 3 - Narrow your topic. Be specific!
- 4 - Make a list of keywords for your search.
- 5 - Narrow some more.
- 6 - Start thinking about the resources you will use.
- 7 - Start to think about a thesis.
Start with a general topic in the middle of a sheet of paper and link or "map" related concepts off of that topic.
This video demonstrates how to create a mind-map:
If you have any questions about the Research Process, using library resources, or completing these modules, please contact one of our Reference Librarians via the contact information below. You can always call or text our Ask-a-Librarian phone number for help as well. That number is 260.638.VANN (8266).
Andrea Cohn, MLS
Reference & Instruction Librarian
260.399.7700, ext. 6056